It is our hope that the information contained here will allow all who visit this site to be informed of the ministry within our Parish.
The churches along with their halls provide a range of venues for baptisms, weddings and funerals. It is our hope that the community will use our facilities for regular or 'one-off' events.
A BRIEF HISTORY OF OUR PARISH
The first Anglican property on what is now known as the Hibiscus Coast was the Cemetery at Silverdale in 1882. The Holy Trinity Church was built entirely with Parishioner labour and dedicated on 3 June 1885.
Prior to 1953 Holy Trinity, Silverdale and St Stephen’s, Whangaparaoa were in the Helensville Parish.
This Church was relocated in February 2005 as the then Rodney District Council needed the site to extend their main road works.
In 2010 an amenities block was added to the complex. This is now affectionately called "The Cottage" and provides a compact space with kitchen and toilet facilities which are well used by community groups.
In 1914 Christ Church, Waiwera was built as a private chapel by Major John Whitney. The chapel was gifted to the Auckland Anglican Diocese in 1915. Before 1953, Waiwera had become a part of the Warkworth Parish.
In 2004 Christ Church was extensively refurbished through the dedication of two Parishioners who rallied the residents of this small community who donated and gave their professional services free of charge.
In 1953 the Parochial district of Orewa was formed, when a Church Hall was built, which also served as the Church. In 1983 a new hall was added to St Chad’s which also helped to extend the worship area.
In December 2005 the new church of St Chad's was consecrated to cope with the increased congregation and to provide a much needed Community amenities hall.